Considering today's economy and the lack of job security out there, it's no wonder people are fearful and unsure of whether or not they will even have a job tomorrow, or next week, or next month. Many people are looking to make a second income and increase their savings and security.
If you are a stay-at-home parent, and wish to contribute something to your household, here are a few reasons why freelancing could be your best option for securing a second income.
1. Flexibility - you choose the hours you work. As long as you get your tasks completed on time, you can work two hours a day or eight. You can work before the kids get up in the morning, while they're at school, or after they go to bed for the night.
2. Income - You can make as much as you want, as often as you want. The number of jobs you take on will depend on your childrens ages and how much attention they require. Younger children usually demand more attention, while older ones are usually more independent and can spend a few hours entertaining themselves.
3. Various opportunities - there are freelancing positions for almost anything you can imagine: research, website creation and design, writing, programming, administrative assistants, data entry, just to name a few.
4. No commuting - you work in your own home office, so you don't have to worry about the countless hours stuck in traffic.
5. No sacrificing family time - as stated above, you can work around your family's schedule. You choose when you want to work, and how many hours a day you want to work.
Freelancing can give stay-at-home parents the best of both worlds; the joys and wonderful experiences that go with raising their children, and the satisfaction of working and earning an income. Make a list of things that you enjoy doing and are good at. Then, search the internet for companies or individuals that are hiring for those positions.
You will need to make sure that you have a fully equipped home office: a computer, a printer, an internet connection, messenger software like skype or yahoo, and basic software such as MS office.
Freelancing is gaining popularity among companies because they can save thousands of dollars a month, by not paying benefits, office space, utilities, overtime, etc. It's a win-win for both freelancers and corporations.
Once you complete a few freelancing jobs, you may find that they hire you on an on-going basis. You have the power of accepting any or all of these assignments, based on your schedule. That is true job security!
FreeLancer.co.uk is the leading site where you can find freelancers and freelance projects of all kind, where businesses connect with independent professionals to get work done.
Providers:Get a healthy Second Income from Hundreds of Freelance Jobs!
Businesses: Access a Vast Pool of Skilled and Tested Talents Online! Get the best of Freelancers and Freelance Work