Monday, May 11, 2009

When is a Good Time to Start Your Freelancing Business and Become Self Employed? by John Purfield

If you're reading this article you are probably thinking of starting your own freelancing business at some point in time. You are like many people in our country. Even though you know you want to start your own business and prosper, the thing that holds people back is when to start your business.

Sometimes people become entrepreneur's start their business when they have been downsized and unemployed. I'm in that category. I have wanted to start my own consulting business for many years but decided to play it "safe" and keep working for an employer.

Due to my hesitation, I worked at a crappy job that I truly hated. It was four long years. Let me tell you there's nothing "safe" about losing time. Finally, I was let go. Thank God.

Since I was unemployed, I made the decision to start my own consulting business. The funny thing is I found clients right away and was able to make money right away. It's not easy freelancing but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Some get started while they are working. All you would need to do is work your regular hours at your job and then work additional hours at your business. Some find this challenging to do because of the additional hours. However, you do work a lot of hours per day when you work for yourself.

So when is the best time to start your own business? I wish there I could give you an easy answer. I cannot recommend when you should start your own business because it's up to you and your situation. You'll know when you're to take the plunge.

If you want to know more about starting your own business, there's a link to a free report in my resource box. You may find it helpful in your efforts to get moving to start your freelancing business.

Starting your own freelancing business should be simple. Get my free report at http://www.beinbusiness.net/ and get the facts about when is a good time to become self employed and get started.