Sunday, June 6, 2010

Freelancing For Newbies - Learn How to Win Your First Project by Georgi Jivankin

I started to work as a freelancer in the summer of 2006. At that time, I was inexperienced and I didn't know which projects to bid on and how to win them as well. I saw how the big players are getting their projects, copied them and did the same things that they were doing. And as you may guess, I failed. I didn't win a single project for months and that's not because I didn't copied their actions accurately, but because I had not paid enough attention to my own name and presence on the Internet.

If you wish to win your first project fast, you should make a good first impression. The important factor when bidding for a given project is to use a business language instead of jargon. For example, in the message to the project's creator you cannot write: "Hey buddy, I can do it because I have done it before and I know that I can do it you know? Select me because I need the money to pay my bills and you know, I am poor student you know I can do it of course. Please choose me and I'll show ya how I am able to do it." If you write such message, I guarantee you won't find a project for years. You should be polite and use a formal language. You could write something like: "Hello sir, I am a professional graphic designer with 5 years of experience in vector graphics, web design and CSS implementation. I am able to deliver your project in a timely manner and I can assure you that you won't be disappointed. In order to make an educated choice, I advise you to take a look at my extensive portfolio which can be found at http://www.example.com/ Thank you and I am looking forward to working with you."

If you use formal language, good spelling and grammar and you demonstrate your abilities and skills in a well-presented portfolio, you can convince the project's creator to choose you, because you seem to be experienced, professional and trustworthy.

If you use the techniques in this article, your success is almost guaranteed, so don't wait, take my advice and start building your name on the Internet right now.

To further accelerate the process of building your name on the Internet, you could grab a free report written by me, called "How to Become a freelancer". Just go here and grab your copy now: [http://www.georgijivankin.com/en/freelancing]

Georgi Jivankin is an Internet marketer and a freelancer. He has written a special report for you to read, revealing exactly how to start working as a freelancer. Go here and grab your free copy now: [http://www.georgijivankin.com/en/freelancingreport]